Sunday, October 14, 2007

But how?

My next thought was "but how could I save Saginaw?" So many people have tried to do this and do that. Developers that poured millions of dollars into downtown. Religious leaders that have tried to unit under a common element, Spirituality. So far nothing has succeeded. Maybe it just takes time. More time than I'll see in my lifetime. Well, I just couldn't settle for that and figured the least I could do is try. Maybe take a different approach. While I believe the rebirth of a city needs to have a spiritual start, recycling a city just needs a group of citizens who simply believe. It certainly doesn't hurt if they also ask for help from God above.

I think the problem here lies in the methods that have been taken. The city, for example, at one point hired a consultant to design a new downtown. This company from out of the area did a little research, talked to a few people, maybe even held a few open forums. Then they presented a plan. Was it a good one? Possibly, I personally do not remember the details of it. My point though, is it did not involve the entire community.

That's where this blog comes into play. It's time for every citizen to voice their opinions. From time to time, I will present scenarios and questions on this blog. You, my fellow blogger's, are challenged to respond openly and honestly and tell me what you would like to tell the city and community.

No comments: